Content

Untitled #007







Sound composition / 7'49" / 2010


This work is to emulate the style and approach of the Spanish sound artist Francisco Lopez. He focuses on the hidden sonic matter which are apart from our visual perception. He tries to arrange them incidentally in order to make listeners have a “natural” experience on the environment as a whole.

I also believe that our world is covered by layers of sound, however, we always neglect those noise and ambience. It’s almost impossible to hear or record a pure sound object. What we hear is the sound reflected by different materials and in different environment. Therefore, I want to show the sound matter which are out of our recognition but actually from the field recordings to enrich our profound listening. Before I did the arrangement of the found samples, I closed my eyes and listen to the midnight. My sonic experience at that particular moment inspired the work.